Optimist Club members, led by Marc Guthrie and Jeanne Gee, volunteer annually in a variety of ways:
- Plant and maintain flower beds, as needed
- To replace the wood chips, the Seward City Park and Recreation Department added a rubber like substance around the playground equipment in 2019.
- Paint playground equipment as needed
- Decorate and light the park for the Christmas Holiday Season
- Decorate the park with flags on patriotic holidays
- Plant canna bulbs along the fence line in spring and dig up the bulbs to store in the fall