Bemis Park is located at 144 Bemis Drive in Seward. It is the first park that is seen as travelers are driving West on Highway 34 into picturesque Seward, Nebraska.
Optimist Club members, led by Marc Guthrie and Jeanne Gee, volunteer annually in a variety of ways:
- Plant and maintain flower beds, as needed
- To replace the wood chips, the Seward City Park and Recreation Department added a rubber like substance around the playground equipment in 2019.
- Paint playground equipment as needed
- Decorate and light the park for the Christmas Holiday Season
- Decorate the park with flags on patriotic holidays
- Plant canna bulbs along the fence line in spring and dig up the bulbs to store in the fall